Identification & Functionality
- Chemical Family
- Chemical Name
- Base Chemicals Functions
- Product Families
- Molecular Weight
- Chemical Structure
- Typical Composition
80% DVB, 20% EVB
Applications & Uses
- Base Chemicals End Uses
- Physical Form
- Typical Properties
|Value||Units||Test Method / Conditions|
|Boiling Point (at 760mm Hg)||200.0||°C||—|
|Density (at 20°C)||7.69||lb/gal||—|
|Density (at 25°C)||7.65||lb/gal||—|
|Density (at 30°C)||7.61||lb/gal||—|
|Viscosity (at 25°C)||1.0||cps||—|
|Solubility-DVB in Water (at 25°C)||0.0052||%||—|
|Solubility-Water in DVB (at 25°C)||0.054||%||—|
|Refractive Index (at 25°C, D-Line)||1.5585||—||—|
|Heat Capacity (at 25°C)||0.42||cal/g °C||—|
|Heat of Vaporization (at 25°C)||96.9||cal/g||—|
|Vapor Density (air=1)||4.5||—||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 0°C)||0.08||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 25°C)||0.6||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 50°C)||2.8||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 75°C)||10.7||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 100°C)||33.0||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 125°C)||86.3||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 150°C)||197.7||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 175°C)||406.5||mm.Hg||—|
|Vapor Pressure (at 200°C)||764.8||mm.Hg||—|
Regulatory & Compliance
- Certifications & Compliance
- Chemical Inventories
Nothing contained herein is to be construed as a recommendation to use any product in conflict with any patent. Deltech LLC makes no warranties as to the fitness of merchantability of any product referred to, no guarantee of satisfactory results from reliance upon contained information or recommendation, and disclaims all liability for any resulting loss or damage.
Packaging & Availability
- Packaging Type
80% DVB monomer is available in 55-gallon drums (non-returnable, DOT Specification 17E), tank trucks and tank cars. Sample quantities are available upon request.
Storage & Handling
- Storage & Handling
- 80% DVB monomer is a highly reactive and flammable liquid which requires use of proper storage techniques and adequate ventilation, fire protection and static electricity protection during transfer and use.
- Due to high reactivity, violent reaction may occur if uncontrolled polymerization is initiated. Product in drums should not be exposed to direct sunlight and should be stored in a cool area. Bulk storage tanks should be refrigerated to maintain temperatures below 80oF.
- To prevent polymerization, the inhibitor tertiary-butyl catechol (TBC) is added to 80% DVB monomer. Normal inhibitor concentration is 900-1200 PPM. Over time, the inhibitor concentration may become depleted. Lower concentration will not adversely affect the DVB unless the level falls below 900 PPM. At this point inhibitor should be added to restore the concentration to the 900-1200 PPM range.
- Due to flammability danger, exposure of 80% DVB monomer to air should be limited. Containers should be kept closed at all times. However, presence of oxygen is required to maintain activity of the inhibitor. Complete inerting of the product is not recommended. Water extracts the inhibitor and should not be allowed to contact DVB.
- Prolonged or repeated contact with the skin or breathing of vapors should be avoided. See the Material Safety Data Sheet for complete safety and toxicological information.